Editor's Note: Lisa Harper knows what it's like to believe God loves everyone else a little more than He loves you. In her brand new Bible study on Song of Songs, Lisa opens up about the lies that shaped her view of herself—and how God used one of the Bible's most overlooked books to convince her that God doesn't merely love her...He deeply delights in her! (And He deeply delights in you, too!!) ~Laurie
Hey FaithGateway family,
Can I tell you something I've learned the hard way?
For years, I knew God loved me. Intellectually, I believed all the right things. But if I'm completely honest, I didn't really believe He delighted in me.
Some of that came from words that had been spoken over me.
I remember someone telling me I'd never make a good mama because of my past. Another person actually called me a Jezebel. Those kinds of labels have a way of sticking to your heart long after the conversation is over.
Maybe you've experienced something similar.
Maybe no one has called you those exact names, but you've believed the whisper that you're too broken...too much...not enough... somehow less lovable than everyone else.
That's exactly why I love the Song of Songs.
When we meet the Shulamite woman, she's painfully aware of what she sees as her flaws. In essence, she's asking, "How could someone like you love someone like me?"
And Solomon responds by speaking words of beauty, worth, and delight over her.
I believe that's exactly what our Creator Redeemer does for us.
One of my favorite truths from the book of Songs of Songs is this:
God's love has never been based on your performance. It's always been rooted in His character.
Friend, you don't have to earn His affection.
You don't have to clean yourself up before coming to Him.
You don't have to wonder whether He merely tolerates you.
Because the truth is, you are fully known and fully loved by the One who created you.
That's what I hope you'll discover as we journey together through Song of Songs.
I'd love for you to join me for the free online Bible study, as we uncover what Scripture has to say about God's delight in His children—and begin seeing ourselves the way He sees us.
I can't wait to study with you!
~Lisa
No comments:
Post a Comment