WELCOME TO OKECHUKWUVITUSS

MALL | TESTIMONIES | WRITING COURSES | COMPETITION | SELL BOOK ONLINE | GET WEBSITE | HIRE WRITER | JLC FORM

ABOUT US | DONATION | ADD ME ON WHATSAPP

  • Are we teaching the wrong gospel?
  • Are we teaching the wrong gospel?

    11 Responses to “Are We Teaching the Wrong Gospel?”

    1.      on 12 Jun 2007 at 2:39 pm # BVirtue
    Mike,
    I’ve been in multiple conversations on this issue of late. While I come from “4-Laws Mecca” I actually have more of a problem with McKnight’s definition than I do the 4-laws (though I do agree on some level that it reinforces a bit more of an individual orientation than what the “good news” really intends). My reason being is that McKnight doesn’t include the person and work of Jesus in his definition.
    The good news is much more than Jesus’ atonement for the individual, but the Old Testament points forward towards Jesus’ victory of death and the powers and the New Testament (and everything after) looks back to Jesus. From my vantage point right now any definition of the gospel that doesn’t include Jesus is probably a bit more reactionary against other definitions instead of a new, substantive definition based on a more holistic theology.
    I do like the emphasis on redemption, re-creation, and community. But that definition seems a bit soft and empty to me. I concede though I don’t know the context of that or his broader arguments so my position is in response to his statement of the gospel alone.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment