Hi friend,
Welcome to the Making Peace with What I Can't Control Online Bible Study!
Maybe you decided to do this study because you have a specific situation or person in mind that you desperately want to change. And while you've tried to figure out how to get them to act better, do better, care more, and stop their concerning patterns, your efforts aren't working. You feel defeated and on edge when you're around them.
Maybe you've never really considered yourself to be controlling. After all, you're laid-back and flexible. But there is a situation you've been praying about that has not gone the way you hoped. You feel confused and frustrated that God isn't doing what you know He could, so you trust Him less and less. And you're sinking under the exhausting weight that everything depends on you.
Or maybe your worries have compelled you to try to manage people you love because you live in constant fear of something bad happening. You've experienced loss and heartbreak, and you just can't take any more emotional suffering.
These are all understandable responses.
But if you're like me, you want to navigate these situations better. You know you can't ultimately control other people. And you know there are things you can't fix. So, together, let's learn how to do what we can but then trust God with the things outside our control.
It is possible to live with less fear, worry, and anxiety, even in the midst of uncertainty and unknown outcomes.
I'm so grateful for all that I've learned, and I can't wait to teach you.
I'm going to ask you to do a couple of things right away.
First, commit to seeking God. Ask God to give you the courage to let Him guide your thoughts and open your heart to all He has for you in this study.
Second, commit to believing and receiving God's deep and tender love for you. If you're in a tough situation where trying to control has felt like your only option, it can be hard to loosen your grip. And I know it can be hard not to question His love and His ways.
But we can do this: We can rest in His love that never changes. And the more convinced we are that He loves us, the more we can trust Him to carry what we cannot.
One of my favorite Scripture verses is Colossians 1:17: "He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together."
Lastly, I'm asking you to be compassionate with yourself and others in your study group. There will be a lot to process as we take this journey together.
Let's get started!
LOVE,
Lysa 💗
No comments:
Post a Comment