Hello FaithGateway Community,
Does life ever feel a little like you’re being tossed through white water, just trying to stay afloat?
I'm Max, and a few years ago, my wife, Denalyn, and I learned firsthand how quickly a peaceful river can turn into a wild ride.
We had rented a kayak for what I thought would be a pleasant afternoon floating down the Guadalupe River. The plan was simple: paddle, relax, make memories.
Turns out, Denalyn and I knew very little about kayaking.
Instead of gliding peacefully downstream, we zigzagged. We barked instructions at each other. We dodged rocks. And when we hit the rapids, the kayak flipped and dumped us both into the water.
So much for the peaceful afternoon.
I've thought about that day often because, sometimes, life feels a lot like those rapids.
The headlines are troubling. Our families face challenges we never expected. The future can feel uncertain. We receive news we wish we could change. We find ourselves overwhelmed, exhausted, anxious, or simply wondering, Can I keep doing this?
Maybe you know that feeling.
Is it possible to live with strong, steadfast faith when everything around us feels anything but steady?
I believe it is.
That’s why I want to personally invite you to join me and the FaithGateway community for the free Unbreakable Courage Online Bible Study, starting October 5.
Over six weeks, we're going to walk alongside one of the Bible's boldest yet most human prophets: Elijah.
Elijah knew what it was like to feel outnumbered. He stood against a culture that had largely turned away from God. He faced powerful enemies. He experienced isolation, fear, discouragement, and exhaustion.
And yet, Elijah's courage was unbreakable...not because Elijah was fearless, but because he trusted a faithful God.
I love that distinction.
Courage doesn't mean you never feel afraid. It doesn't mean you never grow weary. It doesn't mean the odds suddenly swing in your favor.
Unbreakable courage grows when we learn to place our confidence in the God who cannot be shaken.
Elijah's story reminds us that when we feel outnumbered, we are not alone. When we feel depleted, God can sustain us. When fear tells us to run, God can steady our feet. And when the world around us seems to be changing by the minute, our God remains the same.
That's the kind of faith I want for you—and for me.
If you could use some courage for whatever you're facing right now, I would be delighted to have you join us.
When you register for free, you'll receive access to my six companion video teachings, access to our FaithGateway online community, and free resources to help you get the most out of our time together.
Over our six weeks together, we'll discover how Elijah's story can help us:
✔️Stand firm when we feel outnumbered or overwhelmed
✔️Trust God in seasons of waiting and uncertainty
✔️Pray with faith and persistence
✔️Find strength when fear and discouragement set in
✔️Remain steadfast when the world around us feels anything but
The world may be changing. Your world may be challenging. But with God's help, you can develop a faith that is steadfast...and courage that is unbreakable.
I hope you'll join us.
~Max
p.s. I would to connect. My website is maxlucado.com, and you can check out my podcast here. You can also find and follow me on the following platforms:
Instagram
Facebook
X
YouTube
No comments:
Post a Comment