Hey FaithGateway community,
Years ago, a friend generously offered me the use of their beach house for a weekend. I packed my bags expecting sunshine and long walks on the beach. Instead, it rained so much that even the fish were rolling their eyes!
So, I ended up spending most of the weekend curled up on the couch with my Bible and the only other book I'd brought—which was a commentary on Song of Songs. Little did I know those rainy days were exactly what my soul needed.
Something shifted deep within me as I immersed myself in this beautiful, but often-overlooked part of Scripture. When I returned home, my friends kept commenting about how something seemed different about me.
A few even asked if I'd had some kind of makeover or “work” done while I was away!
The “change” they thought they observed on my exterior was actually a tangible reflection of the internal surgery God had done on my heart.
For the first time in my life—and I’d been a Christ-follower for decades by then—I’d leaned fully into the vast wonder of God’s unconditional love and had been beautifully wrecked by it. I’d been gobsmacked by His affection, utterly undone by the compassion He focused on ME…not just the capitol “C” Church of everyone who’s put their hope in Jesus Christ.
Song of Songs lavished me with fresh grace and gave me a new vision of the intimacy we were designed to experience with God, the Lover of our Souls.
My heart still bears redemptive dents of that long-ago weekend because it transformed the way I relate to our Creator Redeemer.
That's why I'm so excited to invite you to join me for FaithGateway's FREE Song of Songs Online Bible Study. Over seven sessions, we'll walk through this beautiful, often misunderstood book together, discover what it reveals about God's relentless love for us, and experience the freedom that comes from knowing we are fully known and fully loved.
When you register, you'll receive FREE access to all seven teaching videos, bonus resources, and a wonderful community of women who will be studying alongside you every step of the way.
I truly believe God wants to meet you here the same way He met me all those years ago. I'd love for you to join me. Register today, and let's discover together just how deeply and passionately we are loved by our Creator Redeemer.
Love,
Lisa
p.s. I would love for you to follow along with our ministries on the web and via social media!
Ministry Website: https://www.lisaharper.org/
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram
Listen to my podcast, Back Porch Theology
Check out my conference: https://www.lisaharper.org/kerygma
No comments:
Post a Comment