|  A Prayer for Hope When the Holidays Trigger Painful Memories By Rachel Wojo Bible Reading "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." - Romans 15:13 Listen or Read Below Holidays are often painted as times of warmth, love, and celebration. But for many of us, they also bring painful memories. Maybe it's a loved one who's no longer here, a broken relationship, or a season of life that didn't turn out as we had hoped. The holidays can remind us not only of who or what we've lost but of moments that still sting with disappointment, regret, or sadness.
I can think of many holidays when I felt that ache—the reminders of what had once been or could never be again. Instead of joy, I felt the weight of grief or anger, wondering why things couldn't have changed. In those moments, hope can feel elusive, almost out of reach. But I've learned that despite those painful memories, God offers us hope. His hope isn't about ignoring the past or pretending the pain doesn't exist. Instead, it's about trusting Him to meet us right where we are, to heal those wounds, and to give us a future that only He can create. |
No comments:
Post a Comment