WELCOME TO OKECHUKWUVITUSS

MALL | TESTIMONIES | WRITING COURSES | COMPETITION | SELL BOOK ONLINE | GET WEBSITE | HIRE WRITER | JLC FORM

ABOUT US | DONATION | ADD ME ON WHATSAPP

  • A Prayer When You Are about to Break - iBelieve Truth - July 12, 2024
  • A Prayer When You Are about to Break - iBelieve Truth - July 12, 2024
    Christianity.com Logo
    Today's Devotionals
     
    Bible Trivia        Daily Verse        Read the Bible
     
     
     
     
     

    ibelieve truth banner

    "The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." (Psalm 34:17-18)

    A few weeks ago, everything was going wrong. My depression was at an all-time high, my OCD was affecting my life negatively, and I felt too anxious to actually get anything done. I felt nobody understood me, which only caused me to feel more alone. I went on a walk, put some music on, and tried to distract myself from the many voices screaming in my head:

    "You should be doing better!" "You're not trying hard enough!" "Nobody likes you!" "You will never be enough!" 

    These voices kept swirling around in my head and I felt like I was going to break. Did I wait a few minutes in the street when I should have crossed? Maybe, but I had hit the point where I didn't want to live—again. I have been to this place many times, so I wasn't surprised, but I was disappointed in myself. Through hundreds of sessions of therapy and endless hours of trying to appreciate the hard work I put into work, family life, and friendships, I thought maybe I wasn't going to find myself in this place again. Yet, here I was again. 

    I kept walking after a car nearly hit me. The horn blew and the driver yelled at me, but in the aftermath of this event, I felt ashamed. I felt ashamed that I have struggled with suicidal thoughts for so long, and I feel I should be more advanced than where I am today. If only I was more like someone else I wouldn't be having this problem, or maybe if my parents put more time into me, maybe I wouldn't be this way now. 

     
    CONTINUE READING →
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
      You May Also Like:  
         
     
     
     
    6 Simple Steps to Understanding the Gospel
     
    Jessica Brodie

    Let's take a look at what is the gospel in its full, beautiful, life-changing truth.

     
    CONTINUE READING →
     
     
     
     
     
     
    What Can We Learn from the Story of Jesus Sending the Seventy Disciples?
     
    Chris Swanson

    The Gospel of Luke (Luke 10:1-24) records the story of Jesus sending out seventy messengers to prepare the way for Him to visit, which they did, telling of their return.

     
    CONTINUE READING →
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
    Young Man's Side-Splitting Explanation For 'Ladies First'
     
    GodTube.com

    A young man gave a side-splitting and absolutely hysterical explanation for why he abides by the "ladies first" rule.

     
    WATCH NOW →
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
    7 Things the Bible Says about Loved Ones in Heaven
     
    Whitney Hopler

    God has revealed many wonderful realities about heaven in the Bible. Here are seven things the Bible says about our loved ones in heaven.

     
    CONTINUE READING →
     
     
     
     
                                                                                                                           
     Bible Trivia Question of the Day 
       

    Who said that the making of books is endless?
    A. Solomon
    B. Hezekiah
    C. Agur
    D. Gutenberg

    ANSWER THE QUESTION →
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment