WELCOME TO OKECHUKWUVITUSS

MALL | TESTIMONIES | WRITING COURSES | COMPETITION | SELL BOOK ONLINE | GET WEBSITE | HIRE WRITER | JLC FORM

ABOUT US | DONATION | ADD ME ON WHATSAPP

  • A Prayer for When You Are Under the Weight of Sin - Your Daily Prayer - February 15
  • Christianity.com Logo
    Today's Devotionals
     
    Devotionals        Newsletters        Blogs
     
     
     
     
     

    A Prayer for When You Are Under the Weight of Sin
    By Tiffany Thibault

    When we were overwhelmed by sins, you forgave our transgressions. - Psalm 65:3 (NIV)

    The current mantra of our society seems to be that I must tell myself that I am worthy, I am smart, I am enough, I am capable, I am loved, and so on. To be truly happy and fulfilled, I must say, believe and live these words. However, these words are not truth.

    You see, regardless of how much I personally affirm myself and try to build myself up, this affirmation still fails to cover one very important aspect of the state of my soul: I am a sinner. I may appear to do all the right things and be a "nice" person, but as a human, I am hardwired to do things that we humans like to explain or excuse away. God gave us a word for this. That word is sin.

    Sin is anything we do that misses the mark of God's perfect holiness. It's caused a separation between God and you. Sin is anything that breaks the heart of God. Sin is anything that causes hurt to another. Sin makes us unclean and unworthy to stand before God, and no number of cultural labels can cover our sin up or make us good enough as a "sinner" to stand in the presence of God.

    Our sins not only cause us to be separated from God but leave us lonely and overwhelmed under sin's consequences. Our souls feel heavy as we try to walk through life bearing sins ugly weight.

     
    CONTINUE READING →
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
      You May Also Like:  
         
     
     
     
    10 Biblical Warnings You Need to Stop Ignoring
     
    Casey B. Hough

    Here are 10 warnings from the Bible that we should heed and share with others...

     
    CONTINUE READING →
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
    30 Morning Prayers to Start Each Day with God
     
    Compiled & Edited by Crosswalk Editorial Staff

    Saying a morning prayer is a great way to focus your minds attention on God as the first priority of your day! Use these suggested morning prayers as you seek God's plan for your day and ask Him to guide your thoughts and actions.

     
    CONTINUE READING →
     
     
     
     
     
                                                                                                                           
     Bible Trivia Question of the Day 
       

    What musical instrument would soothe King Saul's spirit?
    A. Harp
    B. Horn
    C. Pipe
    D. Timbrel

    ANSWER THE QUESTION →

     
    Link

    No comments:

    Post a Comment